Sunday, February 15, 2009

23!

So Friday was my twenty third birthday. (Wow, that sounds old!) I was reassured by my younger cousins that I am still "hip" and "cool" though, so I guess I'm still a good age. I spent Friday night celebrating with great friends, great chocolate birthday cake (thanks Diane!), great food, and great champagne (NANDO!) I had a black and white themed cocktail party! Hopefully everyone had as much as I did.

So during the champagne/toasting/speech-making/videos portion of the party, Kanad asked how I felt now that I am 23. The first thing I could think of as I looked around at my circle of friends was: HAPPY. I didn't feel old, I didn't feel different from when I was 22. I just felt happy. You know that you've been blessed when friends come from all parts of the country to see you (granted, seeing you may not have been the primary reason they traveled back to nj in the first place, but the point is that they were still there!), take time off of their busy schedules to celebrate with you, make speeches about how great you are, tell you they love you, etc...

I have been greatly blessed with amazing friends and though I may be unemployed and sorta broke at the moment, I still consider myself lucky. Lucky to have amazing friends that are doing great things, friends that I can count on, friends that enjoy life and know that sometimes it's the small things that really make the big difference. I have also been blessed with great parents, and a great family. Without them I don't know what I would do. They give me strength, wisdom and courage.

So this post is getting pretty sappy and sentimental, but I guess that's how I am. So to end this, my 22nd year was a fun one while it lasted, I'm excited for my 23rd and am truly and sincerely happy to have turned 23 with a great group of people around me and loving me.

Oh, also Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Hope you all had great weekends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment