Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Selfless vs. Selfish

There are some days where you just have to be selfish and focus on yourself before focusing on others. For me, today is one of those days.

I am constantly putting everybody's worries and problems ahead of my own, but these next two days I just need to focus on me.

I have my second grad school interview in a little over two hours, and my third interview tomorrow afternoon. I hope I do well on them, but I'm sure it's possible if I just relax and have confidence. Besides, personal interviews should go well since you are the person who knows YOU best, if that makes any sense.

So just an FYI, I might be replacing my selflessness for some selfishness and adopting the ways of a two-year old, whose favorite word (other than "no") is "me, me, me".

Once interviews are done, I should be back to my normal ways. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's healthy to be selfish, and that's not in a bad thing. The world selfish has such a negative connotation, but in other instances, it let's the person have breathing room to do what they want to do, fulfill their own needs and be happier. I've beginning to feel burned out so I have been wanting to be alone and being "selfish" in that sense.

    ReplyDelete