It's really annoying when people are hypocrites. I'm included in that population, but I've been really pissed off lately when people say one thing and do another. For instance when others lecture you about how controlling one group of people are and then are blind to the fact that they're doing exactly the same thing - telling you how to run your life. If they realized this then the better thing to do would be to ask you things like, "are you happy?" and "what do you want to do?", instead of having to talk down to you and give you their two cents about what they think you need the most. It would really be nice to be able to be happy because you're okay with where you're at in life and don't need to have the approval of everyone around you. It also makes me wonder how I'd be treated once I become a mom and decide I'd want to stay home to raise my kids. I feel bad for housewives, househusbands, stay at home moms and dads in general, because society often puts a person's value on how many zeroes are at the end of their paycheck and not on personal happiness and fulfillment. I don't think there's any job more challenging, time consuming, enjoyable and fulfilling than that of a mother/father. Well, here's another long journal entry ranting and probably not making any sense, so I'll end here. I've got tons of things to do anyway - more job apps, GRE studying, taking care of the sick boyfriend, etc...despite what other people may think, I really don't just sit around all day doing nothing...
And before anyone who reads this starts to wonder, "wait, wtf, is she talking about me?", don't worry, I am probably not.
Hey, I know you said this is probably not about me, but can you just tell me if it is or not so I know to stop 'lecturing' if my advice is unwanted.
ReplyDeleteLike I said, it's really not about you.
ReplyDelete