I got back a couple weeks ago from my month in the Philippines. It was probably one of the best vacations I have had - ever. It was great to see family that I hadn't seen in over 10 years, and to catch up with the cousins. It was also great to have a month of nothing but fun and get away from all of my worries.
Unfortunately, along with my tan and 900+ photos, I brought back the same worries from pre-Philippines. It's the same old stuff - what am I doing with my life? how will I ever become successful? why do I feel like nothing? etc... I guess you can get rid of your problems for a short amount of time, but sooner or later they come back again. So it's back to the same boring routine of figuring out my future.
In addition to being stressed about all of my life's uncertainties, I've also realized that a lot of my "friends" don't understand the word "friendship". I've decided that friendship is NOT a one-way street and if others are not willing to meet me halfway, then they shouldn't bother even showing up. Honestly, when you're at some of the loneliest times of your life you really do realize who your REAL friends are.
Another great roadtrip to visit Pascale in Montreal this past weekend has left me with severe FFFCUP withdrawal. *sigh* I love those girls.
More updates later when I'm not feeling sad, lonely, and useless.
Linnie,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had fun in the Philippines and Montreal. When times are rough, I always like to quote from the Sound of Music, and say that "you can't use things to hide from your troubles, you have to face them." (Seriously SOM is like my Bible). Life is uncertain, it will always be. We always say that the only thing we can change is our perspective, but it's true. I'm always here when you need it. Love you and hope to talk soon. xoxox Reesie
lindsay!
ReplyDeletei wonder the same things too.. will i ever be successful? what am i doing???
but what does "successful" mean to you? :) i think it's different for everyone, so you can't compare your situation with any other person's. God's good and loves you, remember that!
I miss you! it's hard to keep in touch, but i hope we get to catch up soon.