Sunday, April 12, 2009

Weekend Updates

I did some more Temp work at Tracy's company, which was fun and enjoyable, as usual. I really love the people she works with, they're all such fun and genuinely nice people. Then had dinner at Grimaldi's with Tracy and Lucy, which was AWESOME because I've realized I LOVE Grimaldi's and I also hadn't seen Lucy in months! Dinner was delicious and filled with laughter and great conversation. I love leaving a dinner and feeling full and happy.

Spent the weekend in south Jersey with the cousins and other family in honor of Alyssa's 18th Birthday. I can't believe she's already 18, graduating high school in a couple months AND is starting Rutgers in the fall.

Easter was nice. Went to church with the family and realized that little kids have the cutest outfits for Easter - complete with their white straw hats and gloves and pastel colors and little ties - all soo cute and did not help to move me away from my recent phase of wanting children like NOW. Then spent the day with the cousins and had Easter dinner.

Back to the subject of having children, I would like to get married first. I found out that someone I had been classmates with, but not really friends with, just got engaged. Her boyfriend took her on a vacation to a tropical place and proposed to her there. They had only been going out for almost 4 years. Jeremy and I will have been dating 5 years this October. I want to get engaged.

Is is sad that instead of focusing all my energy on careers and career goals I'm off daydreaming about the perfect proposal, a beautiful wedding, having children, and raising a family?

Lastly, leaving for the Philippines this month and I am sooooo excited. 17 DAYS!!!

1 comment:

  1. lol i love how you say "only 4 years," like it is really brief and they hardly know each other. My parents think i am some freak of nature--they knew each other for 2 weeks and got engaged, and they think i'm totally weird for dating someone so long. I know way too many people who got engaged in the past year. its totally starting to freak me out. but then again im still working on getting my boyfriend to move to the state i am in. the world is weird!

    ReplyDelete