So I have stopped watching NHL hockey. I stopped watching it for quite some time now. I think the last time I watched a full game was the year it started up again after the year-long hiatus. I think it was Sean that mentioned it was a crazy sport because people weren't penalized what they should be after nearly killing other players on the ice. Hockey has always been a violent sport, it's a physical game and I've always appreciated the aggressiveness and passion the players have when they're on the ice, especially during playoff season. Then I saw a friend's status on facebook in regards to some goal being scored with 2.0 seconds and figured it wasn't about the Devils. It turns out that it is.
http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=382&id=40456
The series is now tied 2 - 2. I can't say that my favorite team is the New Jersey Devils anymore, yet I can't say I don't like them. If anything, I've stopped caring all together. I still enjoying watching the occasional highlights, more specifically during playoffs when the excitement and the win are 10x more important. Sadly, I didn't feel like a proud fan when in the last few seconds of that clip, Brodeur (once my favorite hockey player, whose posters I still have all over my bedroom) throws his stick straight into the wall in frustration. It reminded me of an incident when JoAnne and I used to go to Pirate games and a certain someone did something similar. Not proud at all...
*Sigh* I don't know what the point of this entry was, or if there was one at all. I just saw this clip and realized that I probably stopped watching hockey when Sean pointed out how the league tolerates behavior like this that shouldn't make the fans proud, shouldn't make the players proud, but should instead by discouraged but isn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment